Christine A. Padesky, Ph.D. is a leading cognitive therapy innovator, provides workshops and consultation to therapists worldwide (www.padesky.com) and develops audio CD & DVD therapist training materials (described at www.store.padesky.com). Along with Kathleen Mooney, PhD, Dr. Padesky is co-founder of the Center for Cognitive Therapy in Huntington Beach, California and co-creator of Strengths-Based CBT.
Dr. Padesky is considered one of the leading CBT presenters in the world, appreciated for her depth of knowledge, compassion, and good-humored warmth. She has presented over 450 workshops to more than 50,000 professionals throughout North and South America, Europe, and Asia as well as 25 workshops with cognitive therapy’s founder, Aaron T. Beck, M.D. Her clear, organized and compelling presentations integrate theory, empiricism, creativity, practical skills, and audience interaction.
- Co-Founder, Center for Cognitive Therapy in 1983 (Newport Beach 1983-2000, Huntington Beach 2000-present)
- Licensed psychologist in California since 1982 (CA license PSY7635)
- Distinguished Founding Fellow of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy (ACT)
- Certified cognitive therapist through the Academy of Cognitive Therapy (ACT)
- Fellow, Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT)
- Co-author of the best-selling self-help book, Mind Over Mood: Change How You Feel by Changing the Way You Think which has over 1,000,000 copies sold in 23 languages. The 2nd Edition of MindOver Mood is now available in ebook format as well as paperback. (Amazon link)
- Author of five professional books and dozens of professional articles and book chapters
- Consultant to mental health clinics, hospital programs, and educational video projects
- One of the most prominent instructors of cognitive therapy worldwide. Early in her career she taught over 25 workshops with Dr. Aaron T. Beck, founder of cognitive therapy. Since then, over 45,000 mental health professionals have attended her workshops.
- Internationally recognized among mental health professionals as a creative innovator and leader in cognitive therapy practice and teaching
- Founding Member of the World Aging and Brain Health Institute (WABHI). The Institute consists of prominent international leaders and researchers, whose research contributions provided the inspiration and academic substance behind the Fountain of Health Initiative for Optimal Aging.
- Appearances or primary roles in more than a dozen film, video and television projects including PBS psychology telecourses; educational films for both public and professional audiences
- Frequent interviews in the print media: women’s magazines, teen magazines, health magazines, and major newspapers
- Cognitive therapist since 1978
- President, International Association for Cognitive Psychotherapy (IACP), 1995-1998
- Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior at the University of California, Irvine (1998-2003)
- B.A. Yale University 1974; M.A. University of California, Los Angeles 1975; Ph.D. University of California, Los Angeles 1981