Submit completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may also submit a resume, but a resume is not required.
Job Posting: Client Service Representative
Full-Time (40 hours/week) and part-time (not to exceed 30 hours/week) positions available
Primary Location: West Texas Counseling & Guidance (WTCG) – San Angelo, TX
Travel Requirement: No
Hours: Hours may vary each week, but operational hours are Monday-Saturday 7:45AM-7PM
Reports to the Director of Quality Assurance at WTCG
Hourly Rate: $11.00/hour with evening/weekend differential pay
Position Overview: Client service representatives are hired by the quality assurance director to provide general intake and reception services for a growing non-profit, outpatient psychotherapy agency, to include: making clients feel welcome when they call or visit the office; ensuring clients feel heard and understood when they are discussing why they are seeking therapy or have identified a problem with billing or scheduling; demonstrate patience and empathy with clients who are experiencing emotional distress or getting angry; and ensuring that clients’ needs are met through scheduling and handling of their paperwork and billing materials. Client service representatives maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate the scheduling needs of WTCG. Client service representatives are required to comply with privacy and confidentiality rules and regulations (HIPAA and state guidelines) and make themselves aware of the rules, policies, and procedures contained within the Policies and Procedures Manual. Client service representatives report to the quality assurance director and, ultimately, the executive director.
All necessary training will be provided. For anyone interested in working in the mental health field, this position provides an introductory opportunity for working in a mental health organization, but also opportunity for continued growth with the company.
- Proven interpersonal skills and effective as a member of a team;
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing;
- Ability to express empathy and compassion with clients who are experiencing a wide variety of mental health related issues and emotional distress, to include clients in crisis;
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule based on demand for services at WTCG;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook;
- Ability to learn to operate an electronic medical record- scheduling & client account information;
- Must pass comprehensive background check; and
- Preferred: bilingual, Veteran, & currently working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree in the human services field (e.g., psychology, counseling psychology, social work, sociology).
- Serve as initial point of contact for clients attending therapy appointments at WTCG and by phone for intake- greeting clients, answering/directing phone calls made to the center, scheduling/cancelling client appointments, taking new client information, entering client information into the Electronic Medical Record, processing payments from clients, maintaining the receipt books, ensuring that office equipment is properly stocked and maintained, and maintaining the cleanliness and functionality of lobby/waiting/common areas.
- Compassionately interact with clients of all socio-economic & educational levels;
- Assist in managing multiple therapist schedules with regard to client scheduling, rescheduling, and cancellations;
- Provide a calming presence and notify appropriate staff during stressful incidents;
- Maintain an independent role and effective time management under minimal supervision;
- Comply with applicable privacy and confidentiality laws and regulations, to include, but not limited to, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and Privacy Standards (HIPAA) and the Texas Medical Privacy Act (Texas Health & Safety Code, Chapter 181);
- Process payment for services from clients and provide necessary receipts;
- Process new client documentation in a timely manner; and
- Collaborate with the billing department to ensure necessary information is available to facilitate prompt collection of payment.